Effective date: Jan 2023
ChargerBill Ltd. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the ChargerBill service (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the chargerbill.com website and app.chargerbill.com web application operated by ChargerBill Ltd.
● Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
● Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
● Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
● Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
● Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
ChargerBill offers a registration process to use its service. When you do this, we are getting and storing the following personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Full Name
● E-Mail Address
● Address, State or Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
● Mobile Phone Number
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with additional personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data").
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of transactional (= non-promotional) e-mails such as invoices, receipts, important service notices, password reminders, etc.).
When you configure ChargerBill (i.e. creating host sockets or using live sockets) we collect the information you put into the forms.
This includes most notably:
● Your ChargerBill core configuration information (ID, name and location)
● Names of the elements you create to help you identify a ChargerBill
● Your Stripe Account ID for service billing operations
Every time you add or edit a socket or start/stop a ChargerBill transaction, we save the current state and timestamp of the event.
We need to collect and store this information in order to be able to provide you with the service.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We create a log file of all http requests for analysing and debugging problems. The log file contains your IP address and other common http request data.
We use Google Analytics and Lucky Orange to create statistical data about the feature usage of ChargerBill. Part of the data is collected by the standard integration code embedded into the web application. Another part is created by a custom interface that sends statistical data of the API usage directly from our backend servers to Google Analytics. No additional data that could be used to identify you is sent via that channel (i.e. no names or identifiable account information).
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
● Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
● Preference Cookies. We may use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
● Security Cookies. We may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
● Performance Cookies. We may use Performance Cookies to collect anonymous usage data and optimize our services.
We have embedded the Twitter Follow Button. It stores cookies and collects tracking data. If you want to read more about the data usage, please study the services privacy policies:
● Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Use of Data
ChargerBill Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
● To provide and maintain our Service
● To notify you about changes to our Service
● To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
● To provide customer support
● To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
● To monitor the usage of our Service
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
● To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ChargerBill Ltd. may process your Personal Data because:
● We need to perform a contract with you
● You have given us permission to do so
● The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
● For payment processing purposes
● To comply with the law
Retention of Data
ChargerBill Ltd. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom, the United States, the European Union and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, ChargerBill Ltd. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
ChargerBill Ltd. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● To comply with a legal obligation
● To protect and defend the rights or property of ChargerBill Ltd.
● To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
● To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ChargerBill Ltd. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
● The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
● The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
● The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
● The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
● The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
● The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ChargerBill Ltd. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Application Hosting: Microsoft Azure
The application services are hosted on the Microsoft Azure platform. To learn more about the security and privacy statements, please refer to this documentation: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/explore/trusted-cloud/privacy/
Analytics: Google Analytics
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
● Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
● For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Website Hosting: Google Sites
User Support: Intercom
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.